Can you build a secure website online without powerful Web Hosting?
In this technological era, whether your business is small or big, it is mandatory to have a website and Without a web host, visitors won’t be able to access your website.
Creating a website gets easy when you choose a perfect web hosting company due to the benefits it provides.
Henceforth, there is no other reason not to make your website secure, branded, and accessible to visitors.
So, let’s learn in detail about the benefits of web hosting and the best web hosting platforms for hosting your site at this time.
Don’t forget to take a pen and paper to note down the points. 📝😀
- What Is A Website?
- What is Web Hosting?
- How Does A Web Hosting Work?
- Example of Web Hosting?
- 1. Shared Hosting:
- 2. Dedicated Hosting:
- 3. VPS Hosting:
- 4. Cloud Hosting:
- 5. WordPress Hosting
- 6. Reseller Hosting:
- 7. WooCommerce Hosting
- Best free host web hosting platforms and their Advantages & Disadvantages :
- Last few words
Before starting anything, first, learn what a website is because it will be a little complicated to learn web hosting without knowing about the website.
What Is A Website?
According To Wikipedia, A Website is a collection or assemblage of linked web pages located under a single unique domain that is open to visitors for access on the internet.
On a website, you will find lots of content and files like blog post articles, testimonials, pictures, graphics, videos, etc.
What is Web Hosting?
Web hosting is a computer, physical or virtual service or platform that enables you to host your files on the internet so that anyone from around the world can access your website through any device like mobile, PC, or tablet. Quote
Once you purchase a reliable Web Hosting Company, it maintains each and every single thing of your website by providing stable and secure storage spaces
Generally, your web host stores data on all web servers (a kind of hardware).
It does so, in order to provide your website’s content to the visitors who are accessing your website through the domain name or the keywords (that they are typing on their search engine).
How Does A Web Hosting Work?
Basically, web hosting is an online SD card where you store your files.
We are going to learn through an example: Let’s imagine you have a movie of 1 GB, and you want to share it with your friend. How will you do that?
You create a Hotspot and using any file-sharing app like Google Files Go, you share it to other devices.
This is how you share your files like videos, audio, documents, and images. But it is offline sharing, and you can hardly share files with more than 5 people.
How to do it online, where all my files will be accessed by the whole world?
At this time, we have to find a network that is connected across the world. That is the internet.
Right now somehow, if you manage to upload your files on the Internet locally by using your personal computer, your files will be accessible.
But it is next to impossible because you can’t run your local computer 24/7, lifetime. Moreover, there are lots of other things to do in your personal life.
Now the web hosting concept comes.
There are hundreds of companies right now that provide their service with secure, stable storage with software to upload files on the internet in order to make them accessible for the users.
In fact, they host your files as long as you are with their plans.
Normally they rent out their service with a control panel where you can choose any CMS platform like WordPress, or Joomla that lets you upload your file on a website easily.
How do Web Hosting and Web Server Work?
- First, using our local computer, we upload files to a Web Host.
- Web host maintenance and store those files.
- Users search for Your Domain Name or file name on the internet using Web Browsers.
- Web browsers send requests to your server.
Your Web Server serves those files over the internet to let the user access them from anywhere in the world.
1. Site Performance:
Nowadays, because of so many distractions, customers are not patient.
That’s why when your website takes time to load, users go back from your web page and increase the bounce-back rate.
Google search shows that when your page load time is around 3 seconds, the bounce rate increases by 32%. If 5 seconds then 90% and 10 seconds for 123%.
So, if you choose a perfect hosting company, they always take care of your server and make sure that your website’s performance is good enough.
2. Security and Safety:
As the Internet world is growing, there are lots of security issues. Hacking and misusing web visitors’ data is very common.
If you are running an E-Commerce Store, you must have proper security for the customers because they are gonna give their personal information spins of credit cards.
When you choose a powerful web hosting company, they provide SSL certificates and also firewall protection.
3. Customer Support:
Managing a website, and its control panel is technical work, not everyone is a master of this path. Even if you are a professional, still you need Some help now and then.
You need dedicated support for managing your website and your business.
Professional web hosting providers always create a team of experts to help every user. Even they have multi-language support.
4. Unlimited Bandwidth:
In layman’s terms, Bandwidth is data transferring ability in a certain amount of time between the web user and the server.
It depends on three things
- Monthly visitor.
- Average page views.
- Average website’s page size.
Your Bandwidth = Monthly Page Views * Average page views * Average web page size.
However, in the shared hosting plan, you will never get unlimited Bandwidth.
If your web hosting provider is showing you unlimited bandwidth in a shared hosting plan depends on different conditions.
5. No Downtime:
Amazon loses around 1.6 billion in sales every year if its page speed slows down just for only one second.
Nowadays, the competition in online business is going higher and higher. If your website shuts down for just an hour, you can lose thousands of dollars easily.
You can imagine how important it is – having your website run 24/7 on the internet. In fact, it also has a great effect On SEO.
6. Branded Business Email:
You are running an online business, you are just a blogger, and you don’t have a professional email. That is not fair.
A brand builds trust in all customers and makes them think: Why are they gonna buy your product?
A branded business email always increases trust in the customers. And every reliable hosting company provides free business email.
It always uses your Domain name: [email protected]
When you have hosted your website on a secured platform, and it’s stable, you can simply focus on actual groundwork content creation, Search Engine Optimization, or selling products.
That means you are bound to get a massive amount of money through your website.
That is how you make a successful online business.
Example of Web Hosting?
When you search for web hosting for renting out the storage for your files on the internet, you get various types of hosting with different companies.
Technically, they are a lot different from each other. Before selecting any type of hosting, you must have knowledge about each type of hosting and what are the benefits they provide.
1. Shared Hosting:
Shared hosting is a platform where multiple websites are hosted on one single server.
Simply, there will be other websites and website owners who also will be sharing the resources of that same server.
Using shared hosting comes with benefits and also drawbacks.
Benefits Of Shared Hostings:
- For starter websites, it is the best hosting plan because there will be not much traffic to handle and data to manage.
- It’s very cheap, every hosting company provides it at an affordable price.
- As usual, shared hosting comes with a cPanel from where you can manage your website and files.
- No headache of doing technical things.
- Your web hosting company maintains the server.
Disadvantages of shared hosting
- When graphics and storage start increasing, it gets difficult to manage your website through shared Hosting
- Load time is a lot slower than a Dedicated Server.
- You don’t know who you are sharing your server with.
- You get fewer customization and control options to get the highest performance from a website.
Best Shared Hosting Provider Company:
2. Dedicated Hosting:
Dedicated hosting is another alternative to hosting your website, where you get a dedicated server with dedicated tools for a single customer. Quote
Generally, a dedicated hosting platform is ideal for WordPress website owners having large amounts of visitors because it provides complete control over the machine.
Therefore, customers can optimize the dedicated system for their unique uses increasing website performance, stability, and security.
Benefits of dedicated hosting
- You get complete control over every aspect and feature of your server meaning you can choose any operating system, CMS content management system, database, and much more.
- Can handle huge numbers of traffic when your website starts growing.
- Provide powerful security and stability for your business.
- Dedicated Hosting is the best answer when your company needs to run multiple websites smoothly.
- With Linux or Windows operating systems, you can manage your website the best.
- You get a dedicated IP server with high and mighty flexibility that provides full control over your website
Disadvantages of dedicated web hosting
- It is much costlier than shared hosting and not recommended for beginners.
- While changing your platform from shared to dedicated hosting, you need to spend a lot of time learning all those technical things.
- Non-technical users may face some problems managing this hosting server.
Best dedicated hosting provider:
3. VPS Hosting:
The full form of VPS is Virtual Private Server. VPS is a type of hosting service where your neighbor users will still be on the server.
But it provides a personal and separate partition of the server along with dedicated server space.
The real fact is that website owners choose VPS hosting as an alternative to shared hosting when website storage and business start rising.
Benefits of VPS hosting
- It is more stable and secure than shared hosting.
- You don’t have to share the resources and server with other users.
- Through virtualization technology, the hosting provider installs a virtual layer on the top of the server.
- You get separate personal resources like Memory, CPU, Disk Space, etc.
- VPS hosting combines all the features of shared and dedicated hosting.
Cons of VPS Hosting
- More expensive than shared and dedicated hosting.
- Requires more technical words than shared and cloud.
- Non-technical need to spend to learn the mechanics of VPS web hosting.
Best VPS hosting provider
4. Cloud Hosting:
Cloud, is something that is not physical. Yes, cloud hosting is a hosting platform that hosts your website or app on multiple servers.
It does not host your website on a single physical machine. Rather, it spreads data on multiple interconnected servers across geographical zones. As a result, you get faster performance with great stability.
Benefits Of Cloud Hosting:
- Having the support of multiple servers when one server fails to handle your website’s data and traffic, another one supports you.
- More powerful than shared Dedicated, and VPS hosting.
- A cloud hosting spreads its framework across the cloud servers and handles the traffic, mantling the site’s performance to every visitor.
- Every user gets extra features to manage their websites’ growth. So they are not limited to utilizing the resources (Cloud Computing Power, Bandwidth, Storage).
- As cloud hosting powers a website with multiple cloud servers, there is less chance to have an attack on website security.
- Cloud hosting can support the most powerful open source SQL databases, MySQL or No SQL
Disadvantages of Cloud Hosting
- Hosting plans are a lot more expensive than our expectations. Not every business owner can afford it, especially starters
- Despite having all these powerful features, it can slow down your site because it’s subjected to a network of servers, which is entirely dependent on how the Internet operates.
- Internet speed also determines the performance of cloud-hosted servers.
Best Cloud hosting provider
5. WordPress Hosting
WordPress is an open-source CMS platform that helps you to manage your website and its content easily. So, WordPress hosting specially powers optimizing WordPress websites in a much better way.
Because of WordPress’s popularity, every hosting company started providing separate WordPress hosting options.
However, in a Shared, Dedicated, VPS hosting plan, you will also get a one-click WordPress installation.
Benefits of WordPress hosting :
- You can choose WordPress hosting at a very cheap price. If you go with a shared hosting plan. Though there are VPS, dedicated hosting, and other plans that you can pick as per your requirements.
- Almost every hosting provider offers tools to manage your website efficiently, providing great security.
- A powerful WordPress hosting company provides server-side caching that lets your website deliver faster to every visitor.
- The most reliable web hosting companies offer a 30 to 45-day money-back guarantee. While there are some hosting companies that provide a 90-day money-back guarantee. That is awesome.
- You can create a business email absolutely for free with WordPress hosting. Not only that, you can send emails directly from your server at ease.
- You will get unlimited Bandwidth that will increase data transfer speed to users, provided you select a proper web hosting platform.
- With WordPress hosting, you will also get regular backups, automatic plugin updates, a separate team of WordPress experts, regular software updates, etc.
Disadvantages of WordPress hosting
- After purchasing hosting only for WordPress CMS, you may regret it in the future because you are limited to using Joomla, Magneto, and Drupal.
- Not choosing the best hosting company, give you lots of problems like slow page speed, lack of customer support, and downtime issues.
Best WordPress hosting provider:
6. Reseller Hosting:
Resell, as the term goes, is a hosting that is sold twice.
When you have a business plan of starting your own web hosting business model, or an agency for creating web hosting for clients, then reseller hosting is the best option.
Benefits of reseller hosting
- You can create separate hosting for every Domain. Hence, it gets very easy to manage multiple websites from only a Reseller hosting platform.
- Reseller hosting provides a separate cPanel for every client so that they can manage their website by themselves.
- You get unlimited resources at a cheap price, just like purchasing any product wholesale.
- The parent company takes care of all the required resources for managing the website, you don’t have to take any headaches.
- The reseller plan manages dedicated servers that make you free from handling complicated server problems. The technical team of parent hosting tackles all those faults and emergency concerns.
- A reseller generates a good amount of money just purchasing reseller hosting without managing the server personally. They resell it to every customer and charge according to their requirements.
- Parent hosting companies enable every reseller with a control panel cPanel/WHM panel.
Disadvantages of reseller hosting
- You have to spend lots of time and effort to support your customers. Even, you may have to be the full team for customer service.
- Unless or until you are not an expert running multiple websites and handling them, you may face lots of difficulties to start a reseller hosting business.
- Wanting to change your web hosting provider, you have to shift all the data from each and every client. This is going to be so difficult. This is why it is always recommended that you must have to select the Dedicated Server or VPS Server.
Best Reseller Hosting Provider:
7. WooCommerce Hosting
WooCommerce hosting is another type of hosting that, particularly powers creating and managing an e-commerce business
We have already mentioned above there are different types of hosting in terms of the server.
But when you want to create an online store, you need woo-commerce support.
That is why choosing WooCommerce hosting will make your online business profitable, you don’t have to take any technical headaches.
Benefits of Woocommerce Hosting
- A powerful WooCommerce hosting provider always provides 24×7 customer support to manage your eCommerce website
- With a reliable WooCommerce platform, you get separate features, and tools for managing your eCommerce site and also get a free domain name with an SSL certificate.
- A powerful WooCommerce hosting provider manages big E-Commerce stores without focusing on technical things. Load time storage bandwidth.
- We all need customer support while running a website. And the need for customer support becomes crucial especially when you run an eCommerce website because there are a lot of things to manage. And good hosting providers always do that.
- After choosing a reliable WooCommerce hosting platform you will get unlimited Bandwidth, business email, enough disc space, etc.
- WooCommerce is a plugin that helps you create an amazing eCommerce website on WordPress and WordPress is one of the best CMS platforms. So, both WooCommerce and what place will make your online business powerful.
Disadvantages of wooCommerce hosting
- It will take some time to learn woocommerce and WordPress.
- WooCommerce hosting is a bit more costly than other types of hosting.
Best WordPress hosting provider:
Top 10 List of the best web hosting platforms:
Best free host web hosting platforms and their Advantages & Disadvantages :
There are some free website hosting platforms. You can host your website there as a beginner to learn how to design and launch a website.
Top 10 Free Web Hosting Platforms in 2022
- Infinity free.
When you are a beginner, it is not recommended to purchase any costly web hosting.
Yes. They will provide good support, and light speed technology. But as a beginner, you want to create a demo website to get some confidence.
- You can create a demo website, designing every single part of it.
- You don’t need to purchase domain hosting; everything is free. Though there are some limited resources to make a branded website.
- You can learn On-page SEO, Off-page SEO technical SEO.
- You can learn how to create an SEO-friendly, engaging blog post.
- Here you will learn how to optimize images, videos, infographics, and thumbnails.
Read More: Cheapest Cloud, VPS, Dedicated Hosting Provider.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the Benefits of Using a Professional Web Hosting for Your Business
There are only benefits. You will get 24-hour customer support, light-speed technology, and a security tool that will make your website stable.
Benefits of professional web hosting for businesses?
There is only one way to make your online business a success, and that is to choose a reliable, powerful web hosting company.
You have to do lots of thinking managing your website, creating content, and link building. You cannot do all these things without a professional hosting company.
You can make a mini E-commerce website like Amazon, Flipkart, or eBay. It is not that hard if you choose any of the CMS platforms and a powerful managed web hosting, particularly for eCommerce businesses. That will be great.
eCommerce web hosting lets you create and handle thousands of millions of traffic every month. That is how you are going to make your eCommerce business successful.
But you need to choose a powerful E-Commerce web hosting for your professional online store
Last few words
I have given a full-length, detailed article about web hosting and how it works.
Now you have to choose according to your business and requirement.
So when are you going to select a pro-Hosting Provider to create a branded website? 😀