Do you want to start a restaurant startup like Zomato, or Swiggy on your own?
This 20th century is the right time to start your own startup and make a good, successful career as an entrepreneur.
Why not start when there are amazing websites and app builder tools in the market?
If you want to know how to make a presentation of your startup on the internet by creating a website or app, then you are in the right place.
In this article, you will get every information knowledge and tools needed about building a website and applications for creating a food delivery website.
So, start reading all the content right away, and don’t forget to take a pen and paper to note down the points.
- What Is A Restaurant Website?
- I Want To Create A Swiggy and Zomato Like Website: How Can I Proceed?
- What Are The Best Restaurant Websites Like Zomato in India?
- How Would You Design A Website Like Zomato, Swiggy?
- What Is The Technology Stack of Swiggy, Zomato?
- How to Create A Website Like Swiggy for Beginners In India?
- How should I develop a website similar to Swiggy.com having the same functions?
What Is A Restaurant Website?
Your website is your heart when it’s come to making a presence online.
Due to the popularity of the internet and social media, your website plays a key role in the virtual world.
A Restaurant website is a professional branded site that holds all your physical visibility online with the variety of food, and dishes that you offer along with the online booking and food ordering services.
We know you have seen different types of websites like eCommerce websites, social media sites, online service websites, blogs, etc.
Each type of site focuses on a single niche
Therefore, your restaurant website particularly will be on food recipes, dishes, and delivery services.
I Want To Create A Swiggy and Zomato Like Website: How Can I Proceed?
Swiggy is a Bangalore-based, food ordering and delivery Indian company that was founded by Nandan Reddy, Sriharsha Majety, and Rahul Jaimini in July 2014.
Zomato is one of the top online food ordering companies that was founded by Deepender Goyal, Pankaj Chaddah in July 2008 in Gurgaon, Haryana, India.
How to start a restaurant website?
Now, let’s read about the best restaurant website and what features they hold on their website.
Then, it will be very easy to make an online food ordering website like Swiggy and Zomato.
Stats of Swiggy as a Food Delivery Website:
- Global Rank: 4601
- Rank in India: 264
- Total visitors: 10 million
- Rank As A Restaurant Website Rank In India: 1st
Stats of Zomato As A Food Delivery Website:
- Global Rank: 2,698
- Rank in India: 277
- Total visitors: 20 million
- Rank As A Restaurant WebsiteIn India: 2nd
What Are The Best Restaurant Websites Like Zomato in India?
In 2022, there are hundreds of top-class restaurant websites all around the world and also in India. You can take inspiration before creating your own website.
So, we are going to list down the top 20 restaurant and food ordering websites.
You can visit every single site and observe the features that you personally want for providing more easy and valuable service to your customers.
Yes, those websites spent a lot as an investment, but you can start a basic restaurant website with minimalistic features.
Top 20 Alternatives to Zomato And Swiggy?
- Uber Eats.
- Pizza Hut.
- The Fat Duck.
How Would You Design A Website Like Zomato, Swiggy?
Features that a website hold plays a key role, because whenever a visitor land on your restaurant directory website, they will be looking for a top-class User Experience.
As your food website holds your whole business virtually, the design plays a major role in whether a visitor will trust you or not.
Therefore, there is no excuse not to make an engaging restaurant directory website with multiple features.
So, let’s see what features are needed to create a powerful social food community like Zomato and Swiggy.
- Header and photo slider
- The tag line in the header
- Login and signup
- Big searching bar
- Search Filter
- Locate Me in Search Bar
- Popular filter under the Search bar
- Popular dishes
- Service Details
- Top Restaurant Chains
- Booking Options
- Delivering Places
- Payment System
- Star Ratings
- Live Order Tracking
- About Us
- Contact Us
- C company Details
- Application Support
- Multiple Language support
- Login And Sign Up: Everyone wants to have their own profile to see the food pictures, menus, and share their opinion reviews, start ratings just like other social networks like Facebook, or Youtube. So the first thing.
- Search With Filters: Both Zomato and Swiggy offer a sound search bar with a filter option that helps the users to get the out and out results.
- Easy to use Interface: They provide a convenient interface in the body section that helps users order food, see the menu, book a table, etc.
- Personal Profile: When you become a registered user of their website they provide a complete profile for the user that lets anyone share their opinion, review, posts, payments, etc.
- Ratings and Reviews: Let the user share star ratings with the thoughts they have. It is a common feature of every website.
- Photos: They show top-quality pics of the food that increase user engagement.
What Is The Technology Stack of Swiggy, Zomato?
If you want to create a restaurant directory website like Zomato Swiggy manually by writing scripting and programming codes
You need to use Front End:
- CSS 3
As Back End:
- PHP/ Apache
- Node JS
How much does it cost to start a service-based website like Zomato or Zootout?
Wanting to create a restaurant website exactly like Zomato, or Foodpanda, you need higher developers and designers, and it is a very lengthy and expensive process.
Doing it manually may take around 5000 to 20-5000. It will vary on the features you want on your website.
But if you choose any website builder and premade themes and plugins then it will be free and cost-effective
- Free website builder platform
- Page builder
How to Create A Website Like Swiggy for Beginners In India?
Now, we will be creating our online food ordering website just like Swiggy and Zomato without writing any codes by using a website builder platform and a few handy tools.
- Make a plan
- Target your audience
- Domain and hosting
- What press website builder
- WordPress theme
- Launch your site
How should I develop a website similar to Swiggy.com having the same functions?
Now, we are going to create a food ordering website in exactly 7 steps.
Flowing them, you will learn which technology or software to use, and how to set up a website and get organic traffic.
1. Make a plan
Make a plan of investment and time that you need in order to make your project successful.
- How much investment can I make?
- What features do I want on my website?
- Am I going to create an app alongside?
- Do I have to build a team?
2. Target your audience
According to the research, only those websites get a quick boost in the beginning when it is focused on the micro-niche.
Generally, you cannot get millions of traffic after launching your site on Google every month.
It will take time as it is a gradual process. So, start with a narrow niche and narrow audience.
3. Domain and hosting:
A domain is a human Rebel web server address and hosting is a platform where you upload your website files like posts, images, and videos so that anyone can access those from any time, anywhere.
We recommend going for the Hostarmada domain registrar and hosting company. They provide amazing service with top-class customer support.
We are personally using Hostarmada Hosting, and it’s been a great journey with them.
4. WordPress website builder
What is a website builder?
It is a platform that lets you build your website without writing any code and at zero cost. There are several website builders like:
We recommend going for WordPress. It is a very easy-to-use and beginner-friendly site builder platform and most importantly, they offer free themes, plugins, and tools for building your website without any hassle.
Here we are talking about wordpress.org, not wordpress.com.
Don't get confused between WordPress.com and WordPress.org.
5. WordPress theme
If you choose a perfect theme, it will make your website exactly like Zomato and Swiggy. You need an SEO-friendly, lightweight, customizable food, restaurant website theme.
Here are some top-class, recommended themes for your restaurant website:
Elementor is a handy tool by which you can design your website through and through to make it user-friendly and engaging.
- It is beginner-friendly.
- No requirement to write code.
- Multi-language supported.
- Google map supported.
- Drag and drop functionality.
Sometimes your website does not come with the features you want and need some little bit codes.
Then there are two options: either create a child theme or install any of those custom CSS plugins.
7. Launch your site
Utilize all those points and launch your website on Google. Yes, it will take time to get organic traffic but you can use other platforms like all the social media platforms to get your customers.
Here are a few plugins that will help you to grow your website:
- Sucuri for scanning malware.
- Jetpack for security and health.
- Google Analytics for analyzing the visitors.
- Rank math SEO for better search engine optimization.
- WPRocket for boosting the website speed.
How much does it cost to develop an app like Swiggy?
How much does it cost to create a restaurant app or online food ordering app?
Website for restaurant using HTML/CSS?
How much does Zomato charge for registering a restaurant on their website?
We have shared a detailed guide on how to create a restaurant directory website like Swiggy or Zomato or Foodpanda.
If you are a beginner, you can go with a website builder like what place for building your site.
So, let us in the comment: was it a helpful guide?